Coconut Fish with Sweet Potatoes and Breadcrumbs is a great dish for the whole family. It’s a wonderful way to introduce new flavors to your children, and it’s also a healthy alternative to traditional fish dishes.
Coconut Fish with Sweet Potatoes and Breadcrumbs is a dish that has been around for centuries. It originated in the Caribbean, but now it can be found all over the world. The recipe consists of coconut milk, bread crumbs, sweet potatoes, eggs, and salt-and-pepper seasoning.
- 300 g red potato cubes
- 250 g sweet potato cubes
- Olive oil
- 1ts garlic paste
- black pepper
- Soy sauce
- Lemon juice
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup coconut batter
- 1 egg white
- 2 pieces of fish
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Sauces you like (Tomato sauces or chili sauce)
- Lettuce leaves, coriander, green chili/capsicums for garnishing.
How to Make Coconut Fish with Sweet Potatoes and Breadcrumbs:
- First, preheat the oven to 220 degrees.
- Line an oven tray with foil paper and bake in the oven for 25 minutes with red potatoes in one row and sweet potatoes in the other row.
- Then take 2 pieces of fish in a bowl, mix 1 teaspoon of Rushoon batter, soy sauce, black pepper, and lemon juice and marinate it for some time.
- Mix breadcrumbs and coconut batter in a bowl. 5. Now mix the white part of an egg with 1 pinch of salt and whisk it in a separate container.
- After that, dip the marinated 2 pieces of fish in egg white and roll in bread crumbs and coconut butter.
- Spray olive oil on the oven tray. Then fry the bread crumb ER coated fish one by one.
- Lightly fry the boiled sweet potatoes in oil.
- Remove from the oven when potatoes and fish are golden browns.
- Place fish and potatoes on a serving tray. Garnish with lettuce leaves, capsicum slices, coriander leaves, and green chilies.
- Enjoy this deliciously healthy dish with lemon juice and your favorite sauce.
Health Benefits of Fish [Nutritional Fact]
- Water: 64.8 g
- Energy: 861 kJ
- Protein : 22.1 g
- Calcium: 15 mg
- Iron: 0.34 mg
- Magnesium: 30 mg
- Potassium: 384 mg
- Sodium: 61 mg
- Zinc: 0.43 mg
- Vitamin D (D2 + D3), International Units 526 IU
- Fatty acids: 4.18 g
(The American Heart Association) recommends eating oily and fatty fish is very important to include regular food intake at least two times per week. Fish is packed with protein, vitamins, and nutrients that can and Fish is a good source of protein and filled with omega- 3 fatty acids. Fish is a much better source of protein which comes from fatty meat products because it’s not high in saturated fat. (The American Heart Association).
Recommends that regularly eating fish and seafood provide omega-3 fatty acids that are consistently associated with a lower risk for cardiovascular disease. It also improves and reduces your risk of heart disease and stroke.
It is also a good source of D and B2 (riboflavin), calcium, and phosphorus, and also a great source of minerals, such as iron, zinc, iodine, magnesium, and potassium. Research says Omega-3 fatty acids can be very helpful for lower blood pressure and reducing cholesterol levels.
Also Read: Oven Roasted Broccoli With Cheese and Lemon juice Recipe
Health Benefits of Sweet Potatoes:
- Some nutritional facts about sweet potatoes are…
- Calories: 86
- Water: 77%
- Protein: 1.6 grams
- Carbs: 20.1 grams
- Sugar: 4.2 grams
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Fat: 0.1 grams
(The National Institute Of Health) says the delicious sweet potatoes which have the high nutritional fact is a valuable medicinal plant that helps to build protection and fight against many health conditions. It has the property of anti-cancer, antidiabetic, and anti-inflammatory activities. Sweet potatoes are full of antioxidants, high glycemic index, and beta carotene, are high in fiber,
And are a good source of vitamin A, vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Potassium, and Manganese, This is one of the best carb sources which contain starches and simple sugar like glucose, fructose, sucrose, and maltose, which contains 32% of the carb content.
Sweet potatoes have many health benefits associated with promoting gut health, Cancer-fighting properties, boosting your immune system, and helping to increase clear vision and proper brain functioning.