Are you looking for a breakfast low carb recipe that you can make in a short amount of time with just a few simple ingredients? Then make a healthy veggie item with cauliflower which is highly nutritious and full of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory effects.
This is a perfect low-carb recipe that can fill your all nutritional needs. And can be a good healthy meal for the keto diet. I hope you will enjoy this delicious dish.
Low Carb Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 head cauliflower
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon of dry ranch salad dressing mix (such as Hidden Valley Ranch)
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into small pieces, or more to taste
- First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius).
- Now insert a steamer into a saucepan and fill it with water just below the steamer.
- When the water boils well, add the cauliflower and cover, and cook. Steam well until very tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Once cooked, transfer the cauliflower to a bowl, mash, and drain excess water through a sieve.
- Now take a 9-inch baking dish. Mix together the cooked cauliflower, sour cream, cheddar cheese, ranch dressing mix, onion powder, and garlic powder in the dish. Add butter on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bubbling, 30 to 45 minutes. Then remove from the oven.
- For serving, sprinkle some coriander leaves and green chilies.
- You can make the dish more healthy by cutting boiled eggs and decorating them on top. A fun healthy cauliflower recipe is ready.
Nutrition Facts (per serving) Of Cauliflower:
Total Calories | 196| Prep Time | 10 mins, Cook Time | 45 mins, Total Time | 55 mins, Servings | 4, Yield | 4 servings,
- Total Fat 15g 19%
- Saturated Fat 9g 46%
- Cholesterol 38 mg 13%
- Sodium 227 mg 10%
- Total Carbohydrate 10g 4%
- Dietary Fiber 4g 13%
- Total Sugars 4g
- Protein 8g
- Vitamin C 67 mg 336%
- Calcium 191 mg 15%
- Iron 1 mg 4%
- Potassium 504 mg 11%
Health Benefits of Cauliflower with Cheese:
Cauliflower with cheese is one recipe that incorporates both cauliflower and cheese into a delicious dish that provides many health benefits. The National Institute Of Health says Cauliflower is a good source of vitamin C which boost immune health and reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer. It is also loaded with antioxidants reducing inflammation and protecting against several chronic diseases.
PubMed Central says Cauliflower is highly loaded with folate and fiber which prevents digestive conditions like constipation, diverticulitis, and inflammatory bowel disease. It is also low in calories and a great substitute for heavier vegetables.
The nutritional facts of cauliflower are worth noting. It has more than twice the amount of vitamin C as an orange, more than four times the amount of vitamin K, and about half the amount of cholesterol as a cup of milk.
Also Read: How to Start Ketogenic Diet for Beginners
Nutritional Fact about Cauliflower:
100-gram Cauliflower Contains…
- Water 92.1 g
- Energy 25 kcal
- Energy 104 kJ
- Protein 1.92 g
- Total lipid (fat) 0.28 g
- Ash 0.76 g
- Carbohydrate, by difference 4.97 g
- Fiber, total dietary 2 g
- Sugars, total including NLEA 1.91 g
- Calcium, Ca 22 mg
- Iron, Fe 0.42 mg
- Magnesium, Mg 15 mg
- Phosphorus, P 44 mg
- Potassium, K 299 mg
- Sodium, Na 30 mg
- Zinc, Zn 0.27 mg
- Copper, Cu 0.039 mg
- Manganese, Mn 0.155 mg
- Selenium, Se 0.6 µg
- Fluoride, F 1 µg
- Vitamin C, total ascorbic acid 48.2 mg
- Thiamine 0.05 mg
- Riboflavin 0.06 mg
- Niacin 0.507 mg
- Pantothenic acid 0.667 mg
- Vitamin B-6 0.184 mg
- Folate, total 57 µg
- Folate, food 57 µg
- Folate, DFE 57 µg
- Choline, total 44.3 mg