Tuscan white bean and vegetable soup is a healthy, filling, and delicious meal that you can make in less than 20 minutes. It is great for those who are always on the go because it is not only easy to make, but it also freezes well and can be reheated in the microwave. You can make this soup with any vegetables that you have on hand or any vegetables that you prefer. It is best to use fresh vegetables because they will give the soup a better taste.
- Take 3 15-ounce cans of cannellini beans
- Need 1 yellow onion
- Need 4 cloves of garlic
- Need 2 tbsp olive oil
- Use 2 large carrots
- Take 1 stalk of celery
- Need ⅓ cup of white wine
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 2 ½ – 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper (if you want)
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes (for garnish)
- ¼ tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried oregano
Making Process / Tuscan White Bean and Vegetable Soup
- Sauté the diced onion in olive oil in a large pot or in the oven.
- When the onions start to brown slightly, add the garlic, celery, and carrots. Then stir-fry it for another 10 minutes or so until the greens are soft and slightly browned. Browning helps enhance the flavor of food!
- Then add the white wine and cook, stirring constantly, until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 5-7 minutes.
- In the next step, add all the ingredients except the kale (see the notes on how much broth will be, as there is a certain range, but starting with 2 is better than 1/2 cup), and stir well with a spoon.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce the heat on the stove. Allow simmering on low heat for approximately 15 minutes.
- Discard the bay leaves from the soup, then transfer about 2 1/2 – 3 cups worth of soup to a blender jug. Blend the ingredients until smooth.
- Transfer the blended soups back to the bowl and stir the mixer well with a spoon. If the soup mixer seems too thick to you, add more broth until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Add the chopped kale to the soup mixer and place on low heat for a few minutes to wilt the kale. You can then add your favorite ingredients to spice up the taste of the soup. You can add some amount of pepper powder and lemon juice which will enhance the taste of the soup
- Serve the soup piping hot or enjoy this delicious soup with a piece of bread or naan on the side. Enjoy the healthy soup!
Vegetable soup is a great way to get all the vitamins and minerals you need, especially when it’s cold outside. A cup of vegetable soup is a filling and healthy meal, but it also provides enough calories to keep you going for hours. It is also a low-fat soup that’s loaded with protein and fiber.
Tuscan white bean and Vegetable soups have a total of 270 calories. It is full of Protein 14.7g; good dietary fiber 21.4g; sugars 6.6g; fat 3.1g; saturated fat 0.4g; carbohydrates 44g; folate 30.4mcg; good level of vitamin A iu 4154.7IU; vitamin c 21.8 mg; iron 5.5 mg; a sufficient amount of calcium 106.9 mg; magnesium 98.3 mg; potassium 1024.4 mg; sodium 377.3 mg.
Soup is a great way to warm your body up on a cold day and a nutritious meal. It’s also a great way to use leftover vegetables from your refrigerator. Make this healthy soup with Tuscan white beans and vegetable broth. You will be able to create a healthy meal with the leftovers in your fridge.
Read More: Keto Snacks: Banana Berry Recipe with Adding Oats